Hello Grade 6 Students and Families!

I’m excited to have your grade 6 students in the Junior Library again this year! I work with grade 6 during their weekly library period, and I also go into the classroom at times to teach information skills. I look forward to a fun year!

The Library has many online subscriptions for Lower School students, such as BrainPop, PowerKnowledge Science, PebbleGo and more. These excellent resources are reliable, up to date, and are written for elementary students. They also don’t have any ads or other distractions.

We will use these databases throughout the year in the classrooms and in the Library. Students and their immediate families are allowed to use these sites outside of school, whether at home or on vacation – all you need is Internet access! (Please do not share this information with anyone outside of the CDNIS community.)

Attached is a flyer with this year’s Lower School Library online resources. For some sites if you click directly on the link on the flyer, it will login for you automatically. For other sites, you have to enter a username and password. The actual URL is also on the flyer, so it’s also very useful if you print it out. All the necessary login information is on the document, so you’re good to go!

If you have any questions about Lower School Library Online Resources, please email me at colleenwilliams@cdnis.edu.hk.

Kind regards,
Ms. Colleen Williams
Teacher Librarian, Grades 3-6