We realize that the family might get a little stir crazy at home. The PA department has lots of music playlists on youtube and spotify to get you singing and dancing at home. We’ll be adding to them throughout the time of virtual school, so keep checking back on them! You can find them here.
- Spotify: Music for Creative Movement
- Spotify: Music for Community Singing
- Spotify: World Music Favorites
- Spotify: Classic Rock for Kids
- Spotify: Blues for Kids
- Spotify: Jazz for Kids
- Spotify: Non-Obnoxious Children’s Music
- Youtube: Songs on Social-Emotional Topics
- Youtube: World Music Jams
- Youtube: Non-Obnoxious Children’s Music
- Youtube: Telling Stories Through Song
As you listen, pick a couple of questions to talk about:
- What do you like about this music? Why?
- What do you not like about this music? Why?
- What instruments do you hear? What do you think they’re made of?
- Does the music tell a story? If so, what is the story about?
Are there songs that you like to listen to as a family that aren’t included in these playlists? If so, keep them in mind for our post next week!