The following updates have been made to our learning platform powered by Moodle in the 2014-2014 academic year.
- At the end of term 2 the platform was successfully upgraded from version 2.5 to 2.6 which brought some important security and performance enhancements.
- Consolidated student and staff quick links into one drop-down menu for improved mobile device layout
- Added items to Help for quick access to video tutorials, supporting documentation as well as forms for new course requests.
- Embedded Google Calendar displaying school wide events
- Default number of News Items changed to three
- Quick links to GoogleApps and iFolios
- Embedded Pinboard of Student Infographics
- Streamlined Assignment grading page for the ‘Aardvark’ and ‘Clean’ themes.
- Changed default theme to ‘Clean’ for both Tablet and Mobile devices
Testing of Moodle 2.7 in a ‘sandbox’ environment is underway and we are looking forward to bringing more usability, assessment and performance enhancements to the community in the next academic year.
Special thanks are extended to Vishal Mipuri from our IT Department for his time and support.This update has been cross-posted to the Learning and Teaching Technologies Department site.