Ukulele – Your Choice

Google Forms
How is your recording the same as the original song? Why did you do this? *
In my recording I tried my best to have a great expression in my song. My song had a pretty similar feelings with the original song and I also tried hard to make the chords really match the song properly. I hoped to have a great expression and have a good similar sound of the chords and the piano.
How is your recording different compared to the original song? What were your reasons behind your decisions? *
In my recording there was some parts where was different then the original song. The major one was that I made my singing a bit slower than the original song. It was really helpful when I made it slower because it was easier to match the chords and the beat to the song. If it was fast, I would have a hard time matching the chords to the song.
Ukulele Skills… *
I learned how to make the strumming sound better because at first, I didn’t know how to strum properly so I asked for help to others and learned as they taught me. I also learned how to play certain chords such as D and B minor. This song was pretty emotional so I did the strumming a little slower and had to make sure that D and B minor sounded nice and clear. At first I could be able to make the sound for B Minor because it was difficult to have all the fingers covering those lines. But I got used to it and I still can’t make it perfect but now it sounds much better than before.
Garageband editing – digital instrument, drum use… *
In Garageband it was my first time using this app in music and my first time editing a song using digital instrument and the way of drum use. It was pretty difficult at first because I didn’t know how it was supposed to be controlled and how it’s supposed to be. As I got used of using garageband, I was able to choose the drum beats that were pretty suitable for my song. I had a hard time in digital instrument because I wasn’t able to play the melody because it was not making a nice sound. So I decided to have chords in my song which was easier and sounds much better. It was a hard edit since I am not used to this, but it was also a fun experience to trying editing a song I record.
Time management for your project… *
My time management was pretty good except the last few days because I was busy and not was able to finish the edit so I finished it on night. I did most of the recordings at school and tried best to not waste my time. I finished the singing, drum and chords early and I just had to match the electric piano into it. However when I asked Mr OToole to have a quick listen to the song he told me to fix many things and I also agreed and this took me more time that I need to spend on garageband fixing things that I missed. I still tried hard and my best to work on to split the time to make my project finished in time.
Independent learning… (responsibility of getting things done on time) *
I got this project done on time. And I was focused during class to do this work and tried to record a lot every single time I was there with my ukulele in class. I didn’t bother myself and I didn’t spend time with my friends and I tried my best to work with my recording. I think my independent learning skills are pretty okay it was not bad because I was really trying to focus during class.