Project Genesis Proposal

What is the goal for your assignment? 

My goal is that I successfully make a mashup of at least 4 songs of any genre I desire. The mashup must have the right timing because if not, it doesn’t sound good or comforting to listen to. The mashup must make musical sense because it only makes sense to do so. I also aim to get a 7 or 8.

Why this project? 

I want to make a mashup because I believe it can teach me some very useful facts about timing and finding the right tunes and beats that are the most compatible with one another. Making a mashup is also not the easiest thing to do because timing is key and I’ll admit my timing isn’t the best. So I chose this topic because I think it will be fun and a challenge.

Outline/Process (Steps) to Achieve Goal.

1. I first need to find songs that work together
  2. Then downloading the songs
  3. After that, I need to edit the songs so that the beats match and there is not too much commotion going on at the same time
  4. Finally, I need to make sure I hand the song in on time and meeting the requirements.

What do you hope to learn? 

I hope to learn when different songs can be joined in other song beats alongside drum tracks and melodies too. The lyrics also have to be somewhat connected to let the listeners who have never heard the song can feel like it is the original.

What are the criteria you will use to self assess the success of your product? 

If the timing is correct, the tunes and lyrics are compatible and the song should be at least 2 minutes long, it should be a mashup of at least 4 songs, the timing must be in line to the beats and to the other tunes. Those are the criteria I will use.