My Ukulele project 2

Ci Cii Di Dii 2019/20

Respond to these statements and post these to your blog. You should automatically get a copy of your responses sent to you!
Your email address (briacasitalatini2025@cdnis.edu.hk) was recorded when you submitted this form.

Bii

Demonstrate the application of skills and techniques to create, perform and/or present art.

Ci

Identify an artistic intention.

Cii

Identify alternatives and perspectives

Di

Identify connections between art forms, art and context, or art and prior learning.

Dii

Recognise that the world contains inspiration or influence for art.

Discuss the following creative decisions you made for your song choice…

Be specific to earn your grade!
How is your recording the same as the original song? Why did you do this? *
It was quite impossible to do my song on the keyboard because the notes don’t match with the keys. So I decided to recorded the first few verses like the original song. I wanted to do a completely different thing as the original song, but Mr O toole told me that I needed at least something that looked like the original song. So I made the first few verses then I changed completely everything. I decided to do like this because As I said we can’t play the song’s melody on a keyboard or even recorded, because it’s too hard, and I had limited time to do it, also, I didn’t really know were too start for the (digital instrument} because the song is too long, so for the first few verses I played the original song by pressing random piano keys, then I changed everything it doesn’t even sound like the song.
How is your recording different compared to the original song? What were your reasons behind your decisions? *
As I said, after the original melody, I changed completely everything, I wanted to create my own song but I couldn’t because I had to copy a song, so after the few verses I made a completely original song, with saxophone, trombones, and organ, when I played piano, I liked to compose my own songs, and that’s what i did, I like to create, but I hate copying songs and play them again, so now I let my emotions carry me and I played the notes that sounded well, and it sounded well! I decided to do it like that by creating my own song because, I think that copying songs takes alot of time and concentration, and I don’t take pleasure to do it, while creating my own song, I love it, but even though I created my own song for the digital instruments, I still kept the notes for the ukulele song. That’s one thing I didn’t create, the ukulele notes, I played it from beggining to end, and it sounded well!

Discuss the following skills in relation to your Ukulele song choice…

Be specific to earn your grade!
Ukulele Skills… *
Ukulele was one thing I didn’t create, I played beginning to end, now I know it by heart, I know how to play a song, even though I never played ukulele of my life! But I still decided to record the different strums separately, because I was afraid to fail meanwhile I recorded. Also, I learned alot of things about it, I learned that there was also a “strumming pattern” And it is the most important thing! I used to play random strums and it sounded horrible, but after I learned it on a wonderful tutorial, it sounded good, and I was quite surprised and I was liKE “OK, now i can play the ukulele!” This was my first actual song. And it was quite complicated, I had to practice multiple times, and it was hard to do the correct fingering, but now I know how to do it. It was also quite hard because I had to be on time, that’s why it was easier to do it separately.
Garageband editing – digital instrument, drum use… *
IlIlIlIl I liked it, I discovered the digital instrument, it was quite good, but I couldn’t play anything for somewhere over the rainbow because it required alot of skills and time, so I played my own melody with the instruments: saxophone, trombones, and organ. This project was quite hard for the metronome part, Mr. O Toole had warned us to play it on time otherwise we would lose grades, so I recorded the ukulele separately and played the digital instrument with it. Somethings that helped me were the drums, we could tell if are instruments weren’t on time, because the drums always go on time, so if it didn’t match with the drums, it meant I wasn’t on time. I didn’t do much editing except for the ukulele because I had already done a similar project before so I knew how to do it.
Time management for your project… *
My song is like 2 50 minutes so I think it’s ok, I used my time correctly I recorded some at home and some at school, it was easier for me because I have a ukulele at home, i practiced alot before I recorded. It was easier for me because i didn’t have to learn any thing for the digital instruments, so it was easier for me to hand in things on time. I took pleasure to do it so it was easier to things because that was like the first thing that I did when i came home. Time was something very complicated because as I said before, i had to make sure to have every instrument on time, and for that I used the drums to help me.
Independent learning… (responsibility of getting things done on time) *
I think that my responsability of getting things done on time is good because, I have everything: ukulele, singing, digital instrument, drums, I even had time to do three digital instruments, I also had a ukulele at home so it made my life easier. Generally, i always get things done on time, because i don’t really lie to have poor grades, but I mostly got everything done on time because I took pleasure to do it.