Uke Eastside project

I have spent about 1 month doing this Uke project and I have chosen Eastside by Benny Blanco with Halsey and Khalid

How is your recording the same as the original song? Why did you do this? *
My song also uses the bass and the same drums as the original song, I put them there because I did not want to be too far apart from the original song and I wanted to use the same instruments because it would change the mood of the song if I had used a different instrument for the melody and notes

How is your recording different compared to the original song? What were your reasons behind your decisions? *
my recording is faster than the original song, I did this because I couldn’t get the notes exactly on the exact same beat as the original song and so I could make it more my own and not exactly the same and also has a few more instruments than the original song, I did this because I wanted to make the beat and the notes more clear, I also added the piano for a more vivid beat.

Discuss the following skills in relation to your Ukulele song choice…

Be specific to earn your grade!

Ukulele Skills… *
I learned new cords on the Ukulele and also got much better and changing cords in the song to get the beat correct. I also got better at getting the right cords without looking at the ukulele.

Garageband editing – digital instrument, drum use… *
When I did not get the note exactly on the right beat for the piano, I learned how to edit the notes onto the right beat, this also helped with the drums because it sounded much better when I was finished editing, for my singing, I recorded my singing for every 10 beats and then stopped and started the second one and again and again.

Time management for your project… *
for the first part of the month in this project, I was not very productive and what is worse is that I sucked at using the keyboard as the piano, so I had to seek lots of help from my friends and finally got the notes for the piano playing, in the middle, I was a lot more productive and got a lot of my drums and singing done there, and about a week before, I completed the singing and the ukulele, I just needed to finish the piano, and I completed and fixed up the loose ends.

Independent learning… (responsibility of getting things done on time) *
I think my time management could definitely do better for an example, for a week, I can focus on one part of the recording and do that. I could also do better with the piano and bass, thus completing the work on time and maybe early.