Project Genesis Proposal

What is the goal for your assignment and why? 

My goal for the assignment is to learn how to use Logic Pro X more effectively in addition learning how to compose an EDM House track with acoustic elements to make it more unique. I decided to set this goal as I want to get into music production and I believe that the first step to achieving this is to learn the software that makes it all happen and also produce an EDM track as I believe that this is the easiest form of music to produce therefore making it a great starting point.

Outline/Process (Steps) to Achieve Goal. 

To achieve my goal of learning Logic Pro X and creating an EDM track, first I will attempt to use more keyboard shortcuts instead of clicking the function as this will dramatically speed up my workflow in the long run. In addition to this, I will also employ the help of my piano teacher as she is fluent in the use of Logic Pro X. As for the composition of my EDM track, I will learn the basics of composing an EDM track via online resources like YouTube in addition to my basic knowledge of the piano and music theory.

What are the criteria you will use to self assess the success of your product? 

Some of the criteria I will use to self assess my final product include, the pacing of the track, the transitions between the intro, verse, chorus, hook, etc. ,the beat, volume management (make sure the song is consistently soft or loud to avoid having the listener change the volume while listening to the track), and most importantly how the song sounds (so does the song sound good). In addition to this, my project must have at least a minimum of 7 tracks (including drums, melody, sound effects) and the song should be no less than 1:30 seconds and no longer than 3 minutes.