In Performing Arts we studied the Blues, after several weeks of exploration, we wrote our own blues piece.
We had a Blues bass line, Blues lyrics were sung, and Improvisation (physical, vocal or instrumental). Our instruments went pretty well, they rarely hit a wrong note. We didn’t have a lot of time, so we were stressed out a lot, that was one of the things that went wrong. If we could do it again I would make sure everything is ok, organized and understood so that when we put it together it will be easier, and more successful than this time’s one. We were successful in utilizing self-motivation: In the end, we were stressed out but we not only motivated ourselves but each other. And emotional management: Before I got stressed really easily, now I can control my stress easier. The process of creating the piece is: We first created the lyrics for our piece. Once we were finished, then we decided what instruments to use and think of what pattern of notes we should use, but it had to be notes for the blues piece. Lastly, we had to put it together. The most challenging was probably the end since we weren’t very used to playing together. I enjoyed this project because we got to use the instruments, but I most certainly did not enjoy the stress at the end and the nervousness when we were filming.