Hi! I am in my first Music lesson with Mr O’Toole
We are supposed to pick an instrument that we want to learn for the remainder of the Music Fine Arts Rotation. I chose Clarinet because I think that it would be cool to learn. I also have never tried it.
Here is some information:
HOW TO SET UP THE CLARINET
- Open the case. You want to make sure that the case is on the right side otherwise all the pieces will fall and they might break
- When you open the case, You take the reed and put it in your mouth. Suck on it until it is wet (slightly).
- Take the longest piece of the clarinet. That is the bottom piece. Then take the bell.
- Fasten the bell and the bottom piece together.
- Then take the top piece of the clarinet. Fasten it onto the bottom piece and the bell.
- Take the mouthpiece and then put it onto the barrel.
- Put the mouthpiece part onto the bell part.
- Take the reed out of your mouth and put it onto the flat surface on the mouthpiece.
- Take the ligature and then use it to fasten the reed onto the mouthpiece. The tighteners go on the right.
THAT WAS HOW YOU SET UP YOUR CLARINET