Project Genesis – Crit B/D

Explain the step by step process of this assignment…
First, I choose five songs for my mashup. Then, I download them from the internet and put them into a folder that I create for this project. Secondly, I uploaded five of the music that I download to GarageBand. After upload five of my music, I have to find the perfect tempo and pitch. For example, for the first song, I changed the tempo many times to find with tempo fits the music well. When I finished editing his first song, I click the track and turned on enable fixed. Then I go to the region and turned on the follow tempo and pitch. Thirdly, I cut out which part of the song do you want to use for the mashup. Repeat these steps for the rest of the four songs. Finished choosing parts of these songs and editing them, I have to put them in order and make the transition are smooth(like not suddenly jump into another song). Listen to the whole mashup and make sure it sounds good. Then I download it to my desktop, upload it to my blog and tag Genesis and Music. Copy the link and put it into Google classroom and hand it in, also ask for comment on your blog.
Assess your success against your assessable criteria from your proposal… 
My first criteria were to make mashup had to be sound good. I think my mashup met this criteria because it sounds okay but I think there are still many things that I could do better. The mashup doesn’t sound bad considering I haven’t know how to make a mashup before, it is a big challenge for me. My second criteria were to make my mashup’s transition sound smooth. I think I had also met these criteria but the last transition between 7 rings and senorita could be smoother. My third criteria were good timing. All the songs have to be on the right beat and they have to follow the tempo well. My fourth which is my last criteria were my songs have to mashup together will. All the songs have to have a similar rhythm, there can not be too much different for the rhythm. Because it will sound weird if you mashup a slow rhythm song with a fast rhythm song.
Evaluate your learning and new skills acquired. 
Overall, during this project, I had learned so many new skills from GarageBand. I had never thought that I can make up a mashup song by myself. I had learned what is a looping loop and what is a non-looping loop. I had learned how to do a mashup to keep the beats on time. I had learned how to find the perfect beats. Lastly, I had learned how to make a mashup’s transition sounds smooth and connect each song well(cutting, choosing songs). Doing this project is a really good experience.
What challenges did you face and overcome?
 One of the biggest challenges that I had faced and overcome was at first all the transitions between each song are sound very bad, it was not smooth at all. It just sounds like you just jump from one song to another song. Then I realize that I could change the order between each song, I don’t have to start with 7 rings I could start with another song. After all of my new orders, it sounds much better and smoother. The another challenges that I had faced and overcome was I don’t know how to end, what music should I use for ending. Then I listened to all of the songs again and found the part that can connect to my second last song and decided to cut out this part from the song and used it and it fits well.
 One of the biggest challenges that I had faced and overcome was at first all the transitions between each song are sound very bad, it was not smooth at all. It just sounds like you just jump from one song to another song. Then I realize that I could change the order between each song, I don’t have to start with 7 rings I could start with another song. After all of my new orders, it sounds much better and smoother. The another challenge that I had faced and overcome was I don’t know how to end, what music should I use for ending. Then I listened to all of the songs again and found the part that can connect to my second last song and decided to cut out this part from the song and used it and it fits well.