Project Genesis Crit C

What is the goal for your assignment? *
I will be doing mashups. I have to select a few songs and make them sound like one song altogether.

Why this project? *

I’m doing this project is because I can use my favorite songs and it’s less complicated because I don’t have to compose a melody with the Garageband keyboard. It’s really cool to hear a few songs together in one song, so I chose to use this opportunity to create a mashup for this assignment.

Outline/Process (Steps) to Achieve Goal. *

To achieve this goal, I must choose the songs that have a similar beat and genre, so mixing them together will be more suitable and the song will sound nicer. When doing the mashup, I have to change the metronome or the beat for all the songs until the are all on the beat and don’t sound off.

What do you hope to learn? *

I hope I can learn to make better transitions because I’m pretty bad at shifting from one part to another part, so I want to make sure this time my song will be heard smoothly and it won’t be stuck at some points.

What are the criteria you will use to self assess the success of your product? *

I will need to choose at least four different songs for the mashup. I will make sure the whole song must be in two minutes and will use some loops and drums for the mashup. A successful product will be a song that will not sound like skipping songs while listening but will only hear one song.