December 6, 2018 - Jake

Music ukulele recording and reflection(amazing grace)

Song choice and acquired skills

The song I chose was amazing grace, I chose this song because I found the song a very beautiful song and it truly was amazing. The skills I acquired were extremely helpful for me. These skills really helped me to be able to learn how to play the notes and chords of amazing grace. These skills include learning to read the notes, time signature, timing, learn how to read the value of notes and the anacrusis at the start of the song. I may not have fully mastered the skills but the skills were still was a key part in my song amazing grace. In amazing grace, there are only three chords, which are “C”, “F” and “G7”. The individual notes are low G, C, E, D, A and high G.

Understanding of Garageband

My understandings of GarageBand are its ability to be able to input an electric piano played on the computer and inserting it into the song, this is done by using “command K”. I also know how to edit the music by cutting it, you can do this by selecting a certain part of the music that is recorded in one part then pressing the top left button that looks like a scissor. While recording or playing the song you can add in a metronome to help you listen to the beat, you do this by pressing the middle right button that is right next to the 1234 button. But if recording music while the metronome is playing, the metronome will be recorded into the music, so to be careful record the song with headphones so you can still hear the metronome but it won’t get into your recording.

Uncategorized