Project Genesis – Crit C – Proposal

What is the goal for your assignment? *
My goal for this assignment is to make an EDM.

Why this project? *
The reason for me to make an EDM is because it is the topic I am most interested in and familiar because in the previous assignments such as apple loops provided me with experiences and skills. By the way, I would like to compose music without singing, therefore, EDM matched me.

Outline/Process (Steps) to Achieve Goal. *
According to the rubric, I should demonstrate the excellent application of skills and techniques to create, perform and/or present art by doing good in timing, making musical sense, balancing, etc approved by Mr O’toole. To me, my product should be 2+ minutes long.

What do you hope to learn? *
I hope I can learn new skills just like how I did in the culminating assignment. I can improve my skills in composing electronic instrument and plug-in editing skills. If I am going to compose a remix of other songs, I may improve the skill of note reading.

What are the criteria you will use to self assess the success of your product? *
The structure will be an important part for me to do self-access, for example, smoothness of transitions and connections, the melody structure (such as ABA, ABCBA, AABB, etc.), the fitness of the tempo, etc in the EDM will be the criteria I will access myself in.

You may also like...