Final Reflection- We are Hong Kongers -Vivian Huang

Team: Dia, Laeticia, Vivian

English/Arts IDU Crit C and D Reflection Form 2019

8E
My group is Laeticia, Dia and Vivian (me) and we are all in 8E
How well did you communicate your experience as a Hong Konger? *

I think I communicated really well in my experience as a Hong Konger, I’ve lived in Hong Kong for about 3 years and I love Hong Kong really much, it’s probably my favorite city. As a Hong Konger myself I think the experience I experienced in Hong Kong might be different as the others, but within my group, our experience is quite similar. So in this project, we made a video about Hong Kong, mainly it’s appearance and how it feels like to be in Hong Kong, I also added Laeticia and mine’s poem in the video and I think we communicated our experience quite well.
How would you describe your personal success as an interdisciplinary learner? *

I feel like I succeed in this project as an interdisciplinary learner because in this project I did a lot of things, I didn’t only use music and my video making skills I also used English. So overall I used visual art for the photography and Music for the mashup and technology skill for the editing the iMovie video and at last, I used English for the poem part, I describe Hong Kong in details and how it feels to be in Hong Kong. So overall I think I did very well and this is how I would describe my personal success has an interdisciplinary learner.
How would you describe benefits of the interdisciplinary unit with specific examples. *
I think this unit gave me a lot of benefits, for example before this unit I would never edit an iMovie video with my English poem in it, it gave me a lot more perspectives as a Hong Konger what Hong Kong is like and how it’s different for everyone. Also, I benefit me in such parts as making a music mashup and how to change it so you don’t get copyrighted. It also taught me how to edit iMovie more advanced. Overall, I think this project has benefited me in many different parts and I really enjoyed this project.
What were the limitations of the interdisciplinary unit? Give specific examples… *
I had a few limitations but I didn’t really have that much of a challenge. For the limitations is that I never did such things like this before, like combining subjects together. This is my first time putting my English project poem into a music and visual art combined project. So this is my limitations so I was trying to figure out how to place my poem into the iMovie and at last, I overcame this limitation by coming up with an idea that I should read my poem out loud and you can hear it with the sun titles at the bottom.
Grade yourself using the IDU Specifications. Easy if you have followed the above instructions!
Communication of the interdisciplinary theme.
Personal success as a interdisciplinary learner.
Benefits of the interdisciplinary unit with specific examples.
Limitations of the interdisciplinary unit with specific examples.
Self assess using the Crit. C rubric (question 1) *

Self assess using the Crit. D rubric (Question 2-4) *