Project genesis proposal:

What is the goal for your assignment? 
My goal for this assessment is to learn how to use garage band effectively by using a wide range of functions such as plug-ins, loops, Midi instruments, and drummer tracks. I also want to learn about different genres of music and how each of them sound like and how they are different.
Why this project? 
I chose classical music because I think it allows me to achieve my goal as it allows me to use all the tools mentioned about. I also personally like this genre of music and I want to compare what I made to famous pieces of this genres. I also want to learn more about this genre because I still need to know more about it.
Outline/Process (Steps) to Achieve Goal. 
In order to achieve this goal, I would have to learn more about the music. I would do this by looking up definitions and listening to tracks of this genre. This would increase my familiarity with this type of music and allow me to accurately create a track that is actually of the genre. I would also have to familiarise my self with apple loops in order to chose appropriate loops for my track.
What do you hope to learn? 
I hope to learn more about classical music and famous composers of such music. I also want to learn more about garage band. specifically when to fit in Midi instrument tracks because currently I cant seem to fit one in that blends in with the rest of the track.
What are the criteria you will use to self assess the success of your product? 
I will count this attempt if the track is longer than 2 minutes as it would mean I would have to keep the listener entertained. The track will also have to include 2 melodic Midi tracks in order to train myself to use more of these. Another criteria will be to use a drummer track as normally I just choose the default drummer without changing the settings, so I want to explore the different drummer tracks.