Ukulele Submission- Amazing Grace

My final product

Criteria Ai, Aiii:

Discuss your Ukulele recording. Items to discuss include timing, note accuracy, rhythm accuracy.

The song I am doing is Amazing Grace, the song is 16 bars long. The time signature is 3:4. the song is also accompanied by C, F and G chords. However, I failed to complete my recording, There are a few reasons for this. Firstly, in the second lesson that we can record, I didn’t realise that I needed to set up Garage band, due to the time needed to install Garage band, I didn’t manage to record the ukelele. Secondly, during the two lessons after, I realised I still haven’t finished practising it, I think I overestimated my ability because I just couldn’t edit out my mistakes. So I spent the next few lessons practising. After I was confident that with minimal editing, I could get it right, I brought my Bluetooth headphones. The first time I did that, I hadn’t known that my headphones weren’t connected, so after I finished recording, The metronome can still be heard. Then the next music day, I did connect the earphones and garage band said it was recorded, but the audio just didn’t play out, even the master volume gage didn’t show anything, also, I used the wrong time signature. In the last lesson, I managed to record the first eight notes using my classmate’s earphones, but I ran out of time to finish the rest.

Discuss your overall understanding of Garageband and its processes. Items to discuss include editing, timing, arranging, timing, etc. How has your skill at Garageband impacted your song?

My skill in GarageBand is okay in my opinion. First of all, I know how to trim some parts in the audio to help me with my timing.to do so, you press command and T. Secondly, I know how to use flex time to edit as well, however, I still don’t know how to expand the audio. I don’t think this would hinder me too much, however, I still think that if I knew, I would be able to save lots of time, not needing to focus on stretching my notes out. Thirdly, I know how to use the metronome and the beats before the actual recording. Also, I would like to have known how to connect my blue tooth earphones to GarageBand, because I would have saved even more time and might have managed to finish the submission. Overall, I think my skill in GarageBand has helped impact my recording, however, if I knew more things, I might have been able to complete this task.