Ukulele Submission – Step 3 – Finished Song – Donkey Riding

What is the key of your tune? Time Signature? *
1. F major 2. 2/4
What sort of rhythms are used in your song? How were they used musically? *
Donkey riding starts with a F on the first bar of the first beat. The first bar goes F, G, A, A. The rhythm mostly has quarter notes with it in the song. And the whole song repeats itself twice, it ends at 13 then you copy and past it until 33.
Discuss your note accuracy and rhythm accuracy in regards to inputting the strumming and melodic playing… *
In Donkey Riding there are many different notes and there is a wide range. When I turned the metronome on the chords and my audio would be in a time and that was good. But i found it difficult to match the singing with the rest of the song. At the very start of the song it was hard for me to start on the right speed and on the right note so I had to record a coupe times to make sure that my singing was on time with the rest of the song.
How did you decide your tempo to match your song and style? Did the context of the song change because of this? *
My tempo was at 105 which is quite fast, the song Donkey Riding is also quite fast. Mr.O’toole also provided us with the chords which made it easier for me to match the tempo. I thought that the tempo fitted with my song quite perfectly.
What skills did you acquire with your use of Garageband? Trimming, Cutting, pasting, metronome, etc… How did you use these skills throughout the assignment? *
In the process of using Garageband I learned many different skills which I never knew before. During this process I mostly copied and pasted, trimmed some of my notes and singing and different patterns. I also used the volume changer on the side, this I think was very helpful as I was able to find the perfect match for my different parts of the song. At the start my drums where very overpowered and they where loud so I wasn’t able to hear the rest of it as clear. But now I can hear everything quite clearly.
Discuss any challenges you had to overcome for this assignment! *
The biggest challenge for me during this assignment is to turn my work in part by part as i did it. I didn’t turn my work in when it was due but only as one big assignment at the end. Another challenge for me was the fact that I wasn’t able to get a quite space and get my singing on point with the rest of the song. I have a very loud house and when i did it correct there was too much background noise so I had to redo it and eventually get it correct. Another challenge that I had during the assignment is the fact that I was quit self conscious with my singing and it didn’t sound that good put I realised I wasn’t being graded on my singing but whether or not I was in time with the song.