My goal was to create a chair comfortable with a shelf equipped somewhere on the side to put books and laptops. Also, my other goal was for this chair to be put in the library so reader can enjoy their books and put in on the shelf when they are not using it. This was my goal because I think chairs overall can be improved and be more useful. Throughout me working I slowly was working trough each problem. During the time when I was on test number 2 to 3 I created a goal to myself. This was to try to consume less time in the final structure. This is why the desk with the chair wasn’t going to be the best idea. When I was working on my final structure I started off slow but I went faster and faster saving more and more time.
How did I use Science
I learned that you should make easier structures better than making harder structures worse. My original plan was to create a chair with a desk but the desk would be too hard to incorporate inside the chair. I eventually changed it to shelf and chair
I experimented with changing the independent variable. From the number of corrugation pieces to the thickness of it. I tested out the weight to see if the paper can hold about 1 kilogram. I kept on trying to put more corrugation and finally I put the right number so it was able to hold about 1 kilogram so for the final structure when I actually create with cardboard the seat can hold people.
I used the results with Justin’s. We exchanged ideas leading up to the shelf and chair idea. Building this was not too hard for us and it is good that it is not too complication. In my opinion there was limited time so for it to be so complicated would be a big struggle.
I improved in many ways as a learner.
Throughout the whole process I have identified quite a few problems. Every new test prototype I fixed the problem but there were still more left. For example, in test #2 the corrugation wasn’t that good. So for test #3 I focused more on corrugation so it became better.
I have also gone through different problems like deciding what will go well with a chair. It was either going to be a shelf or desk. My partner and I went through many discussions and came up that a shelf would be significantly better.
Another way I improved taking ideas and thinking about them and how it could work in your structure. When we were doing rotations during science class, there was a rotation where you had to look at the link. I pressed on it and it showed me famous people designs of structures. One of them amazed me so much I took the idea of adding something onto a chair which overall improved the function of the chair.
As I partially said before, throughout this whole project I started working more efficiently because of limited time. To be honest, I didn’t have a system of managing my time so I just speeded up my pace to be able to finish my cardboard structure.