Project Genesis Audio and Reflection

This is my mashup using 4 different songs, all around 100 tempo.\

Explain the step by step process of this assignment… *

The first step for this assignment was to choose which direction you wanted your song to be. It could have been either a mashup or playing an instrument. Next, in my case I had to choose 4 or more different songs for the assignment. Then, we had to convert all these songs and put them in garageband. After that, matching the tempo independently and with all the songs combined is required. Using one of the songs as a beat was my step after as it helps my song to get a rhythm. I used one of the other songs as my main song and cut other songs and placed them throughout the song. I didn’t use plugins for this assignment because when I tried it didn’t sound right.

Assess your success against your must haves and desirable qualities from your proposal… *
My success was okay as I followed most of my must haves and some of my desirable qualities. I didn’t use plugins in which if I knew how to use could have made my song more effective. In my last project I used plugins which made my song sound more professional. I did has a slight fast transition which helped more to connect the piece and not sound out of beat. Overall, I had some success, but if I put more effort I could have gotten a better result. I had many challenges that should have been fixed earlier but I did it while doing the actual mashup.

Evaluate your learning and new skills acquired. *
The amount I learned this rotation was significantly better than what I first anticipated. I learned new skills such as plugins which is a major part of modern day music. It helps to distort music to create better sounds. Another important skill I learned is using loops. Loops are small bits of sound that can create mixed emotions for the listener. They are extremely helpful when transitioning from song to song in this assignment. The final major skill I learned is using tempo to change how fast a song can be. In this case I used it to make all songs have the same pace.

What challenges did you face and overcome. *
I faced many challenges during this assignment. One of the major challenges I faced during this assignment is choosing the right songs. It was hard because I didn’t want the songs to be too old or new. I also didn’t want the songs to be too far of a tempo so that when the tempo is changed overall it dosen’t sound weird. Another challenge I faced during this assignment is using small bits of the songs. It was difficult as the songs, in my opinion did not sound good if the part was too small. I overcame choosing the songs by thinking about songs that I know that have slow tempo and somewhat popular. I honestly didn’t make it past the small bits part, but instead just ignoring it.