Ukulele – Your Choice!~ Feliz Navidad

How is your recording the same as the original song? Why did you do this? *

My recording is the same as the original song because it has a similar drumming style. It has a similar feeling. I think that is because I tried to do it in a more “Christmasy” feeling. Also, I used the same notes as the original song.  I tried to make my recording reflect the original Feliz Navidad as much as possible.

How is your recording different compared to the original song? What were your reasons behind your decisions? *

I think it is different because I used a different strumming pattern. I used a down strum instead of an island strum because I wanted the drums to give a cheerful style but if my strumming was also fast and cheerful, I thought it would be a bit too much. I thought there would be too many things going on.

Ukulele Skills (if you did this yourself)

I sort of wanted to play my own ukulele but I didn’t have one and I was thinking of buying one for this but I thought I would be able to save more time if I just use the ukulele file provided.

Garageband editing – digital instrument, drum use… *

I added ukulele chords in the right place and timing. I also added the piano and bass in the right timing so it would match the strumming. I used a pop songwriter drum style because Feliz Navidad is a pop and a songwriter style. It is also Latin but I thought Pop Songwriter style matched the best.

Time management for your project… *

My time management of this project was not very good. I was really lost when I was starting this project and it wasted me a lot of time. I understood this project at the 4th class since we started this project. Garageband was very challenging for me because the editing was confusing and hard. I could meet the deadline but I think I could have done better if I didn’t waste my time at the start of this project.

Independent learning… (responsibility of getting things done on time) *

I was pretty independent in this task. I tried to answer my questions by myself but I didn’t waste my time there. If I couldn’t find a solution even after a long time, I asked Mr. O’Toole. But I really wanted to be independent in this project since I got a lot of help from the teacher for the first task we did earlier.