I think I did not meet all my smart goals, I did not read much Chinese stories online, but other than that, I think I did good overall. There are some times that I am lazy but most of the time I think I engaged well in class and be active. I sometimes do attend to online class, I think I should attend more and my Chinese grades are ok. I feel like I can do better, but it is acceptable.
I did ok, at least i got a 5
Questions: (Please answer them in your own words and be specific)
- Is my logo eye catching?
- Is my logo timeless?
- How do you feel after seeing my logo? (logo F)
- How is your recording the same as the original song? Why did you do this? I think my recording is very poorly remade from the original song because I think the B flat strum for the uke was very challenging since my fingers are not that flexible for playing that specific note. My singing was also terrible. But what I think I did great was that I got all the strums correct and I sang all the lyrics correctly.
- How is your recording different compared to the original song? What were your reasons behind your decisions? I think my recording was way worst than the original song because of my bad singing. I think my singing was terrible. Other than that, since there is not a fixed strum pattern to the song, I randomly chose one to fit in, but I still think compared to the original song, the one on the official music video was better.
- Ukulele Skills… My uke skills have definitely improved. I had learned a few new strum chords and I mastered how to strum without hurting yourself. I have learned the B flat mainly in my song of choice and learnt a few strum patterns.
- Garageband editing – digital instrument, drum use… My garageband editing is not great. I have learnt a lot during this process, like how to use an electrical keyboard, drummer tools and other stuff. This was a good experiment with these garage band tools. In my music, I did a lot of editing. I recorded my sing and the strumming at the same time but I recorded every part of the song differently.
- Time management for your project… I think I managed my time pretty well, because once I got to know the song lyrics, strums strum patterns, and chords and after a little but of practicing, I got straight into recording. By the time I finished recording, I had just enough time to edit my recording and stuff.
- Independent learning… (responsibility of getting things done on time) I did everything on time, the recordings, editing, practicing.
What is the key of your tune? Time Signature? 3/4
What sort of rhythms are used in your song? There were half notes and quarter note. The song was mainly made of quarter notes. The start of the bar mostly have a half note. It was kind of unexpected because I expected there to have some full notes, because there are usually full notes at the end of the song or in the middle.
Discuss your note accuracy and rhythm accuracy in regards to your strumming and melodic playing… I think my notes accuracy and rhythm is pretty good. My strumming and my melody in the start and the end are good, but in the middle, I got messed up with the G strum. I had to look at my fingering to know how to strum that note, so I had to edit it with Garageband.
What Ukulele skills have you acquired? I have learned all the strums that is required to play this song last year but I forgot most of it. I learned those back and also I learned to play the single notes to form the melody. I have acquired not much in this music class but I still learned somewhat something.
How did you decide your tempo to match your song and style? Did the context of the song change because of this? I used a random number generator from 110 to 150. It picked 120. Thats how I got my tempo. I really like that tempo because I think it really suits the song and even there is no singing in my recording, I think it would be the perfect tempo for it.
How did you use the editing tools in Garageband? Editing, cutting, flex-time, trimming, plugins… In Garageband, I cut my audio files to fit the beat or tempo. I didn’t know really much about Garageband, so I didn’t really do much.
Discuss your recording process; did you have any concerns or issues? At the start, I goofed a bit with my friends, but I caught up at last. I think I can improve next time by focusing more.
Hello, my name is Samuel Wong and I would like to learn the Saxophone. Here are some of my research on the Saxophone.
Here are some tutorials I found on youtube.