My Music Recoding – Amazing Grace

Criteria Ai, Aii, 2019/20

Ai

Demonstrate awareness of the art form studied, including the use of appropriate language.

Aii

Demonstrate awareness of the relationship between the art form and its context.
What is the key of your tune? Time Signature? *
The key of my tune was C, the time signature was 3/4.
What sort of rhythms are used in your song? *
The rhythms that are used in the song are Quarter note, Half note because it puts emphasis on the second note, as it is longer. It also gives the feel of a 3/4 song. The eighth notes make the song’s lyrics go as one word, which doesn’t keep you on a random syllable.
Discuss your note accuracy and rhythm accuracy in regards to your strumming and melodic playing… *
My note accuracy was almost perfect, as I had to redo the whole song twice, only because of two notes that weren’t right. But on the rhythm accuracy, I had to trim many notes to get it perfect, but the notes weren’t that far to the beat.
What Ukulele skills have you acquired? *
I have acquired the skill of fast picking, as in the song, there are a few eighth notes, and that causes me to pick fast, and loud. I also learned to get on the beat, as after all of the times I showed people how the song sounded like, I was able to get all of the notes on time.
How did you decide your tempo to match your song and style? Did the context of the song change because of this? *
I put my tempo at 80, as the song is peaceful. I also did that because, to me, the song’s real rhythm is like that. On the side of context, I don’t think that song’s context changes because of that, as the context is naturally smooth, and it sounds like a talk about someone. I that person must have been a someone very important to the creator of the song, as he talks a lot about this “Grace”.
How did you use the editing tools in Garageband? Editing, cutting, flex-time, trimming, plugins… *
I used trimming to get the wavelengths on the perfect time, but I didn’t really need to use any other tool in Garage Band. I didn’t use any other tools in Garage Band as I didn’t really know that they existed.
Discuss your recording process; did you have any concerns or issues? *
No, I didn’t have man concerns, as I was able to finish early, so there never was much stress on me. Since I also had a lot of time on my hands, I was able to make the song really accurate and nice.