Project Genesis – Criteria Aii

What information are you using from this link? *

– A mashup is a combination of two or more songs together and it’s different from creating a medley
– When trying to find songs for a mashup, try and find songs that have a distinguishable vocal or a distinguishable instrumental part
– Usually how people try to merge songs is by finding a vocal version of the songs you’re using as well as searching up the instrumental version. Then you can combine these two things together
What information are you using from this link?
In this video, I learned how to keep track of the beats of your track on Garageband as well as how to adjust it so every beat matches the number on top of the track. I also learned what does enable flex mean. This is important for my research because if I want to mash two tracks together, I will need to learn how to match the beats together and this video taught me how to do so.
From this link, I learned the steps of making a mashup including what tracks to look for before putting all the tracks into a software. I also learned what to keep in mind when producing a mashup. For instance, I learned that the BPM of the accapella track has to match the instrumental track. I also learned that in order to make a successful mashup, I need to find songs that has the same structure and a similar rhythm with beats. Otherwise, there’s no way that these tracks can go together when you put two songs together.
I listened to this audio to figure out what an ideal mashup will sound like. This is a mashup on Youtube of combining two pop songs together and I really enjoyed listening to this mashup a few years ago. Besides hearing what an ideal mashup sounds like, it’s also a source of inspiration before I make my own product.