What is the goal for your assignment and why?
The goal for my assignment is to create a mashup of pop songs. I want to do this for my project because I always enjoyed listening to mashups and pop music and I thought it will be cool to use this opportunity to create something I enjoy listening. This is also my goal because I think it will allow just the right amount of creativity for this assignment. As I’m not a very creative person, I think a mashup will not be too hard for me to create because half of it is already written for me.
Outline/Process (Steps) to Achieve Goal.
1. Plan out the whole project including the due dates for every small task
2. Do sufficient amount of research on how to reach this goal and ask for help on this project if needed.
3. Using findings from research, make the mashup and get feedback from it along the way
4. After finishing the first draft of the project, get feedback from teachers and friends to see how I can improve it.
5. Submit final
6. Self assess this whole project, see how I did well and what are some things that can be improved.
What criteria will you use to self assess this assignment?
- The mashup will be at least 2 minutes
- The mashup will include at least 3 songs
- Will use Garageband and other resources to create this mashup
- The songs need to connect on beat and the rhythm needs to match
- Having different vocals and include smooth transitions
- Make appropriate changes to the songs I use