Ukulele – Your choice

How is your recording the same as the original song? Why did you do this? *

the chords and the structure i kept the same so it would keep the song authentic and still sound something like the original song. without the same chords, it would sound a lot different and most people wouldn’t be able to recognise the song anymore.

How is your recording different compared to the original song? What were your reasons behind your decisions? *

I  added the ukulele chords to the song so it would be a ukulele song and made some parts faster because nowadays more and more people have less and less attention spans. i also added a different beat for the drums which made my recording more upbeat which reflects my personality more.

Garageband editing – digital instrument, drum use… *

to put in the notes, I copy pasted from the ones Mr. O’toole gave us and put them in the correct order. I also learned how to pick different drummers to see which one would go with the song better, I muted different tracks so i could focus on the parts i was doing and I learned how to make the end of the song fade of smoothly.

Time management for your project… *

for each track, it took me about one to two classes to complete, at first i thought the editing would only take four classes, but there were some found errors that i needed to fix, so i continued the editing at school.

Independent learning… (responsibility of getting things done on time)

I got those tasks completed by setting a goal for myself each lesson on what i was going to do. I also took into account on how many classes we had left so i could manage my time easier. But after i submitted my music, there were a few things wrong so Mr. OToole helped me fix a few things and i needed to edit some other things in my music file too, but luckily we still had more class to work on our music.