Project Genesis – Criteria Aii

Link of your research:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1fscxWcRb7u3yUQ0XtsqWPmSfAoWay6jX/view

What information are you using from this link?

This video has taught me the importance of making sure all tracks have a common bpm. From this video, I have learned how to convert tracks with different tempos to the same tempo. When there is a common tempo, I can speed up or slow down. I will use the knowledge I have gained from this video can help me sure my tracks having a good flow and sound like it is in one whole piece instead of many songs played after each other.

Link of your research:

https://mashup.mixedinkey.com/how-to-make-mashups/create-epic-mashups

Although this site is aimed towards an audience that uses a different type of software, I still find this extremely helpful. I know what to expect and how to download mp3 files. Besides downloading files, this site also suggests that I use the different plugins. Some plugins I plan on using are noise gate, reverb, and exciter. Using plugins, my final result will sound more professional and make it sound different compared to the original tracks without changing it too much.

Link of your research:

This tutorial video is mainly about the different plugins and easier ways I can use garage band for editing and cutting tracks. Some things I should consider about is cutting and pasting at different parts of tracks the piece to add more dynamic and expression. I would also consider changing volume as different tracks play to make it more dramatic using the keys “command” and “a”. I would also move a few vocal tracks around to different places of the instrumental tracks to make it more unique.

Link of your research:

This video has elaborated and helped me expand my knowledge about mashups and what makes it flow. I have learned about having instrumental and vocal tracks, it helps maintain rhythm and makes sure that different parts of the final product will sound similar while adding expression with vocal tracks. This can help me mashup different artists and instruments better.