Music Project Genesis Proposal

What is the goal for your assignment? 
My goal for this assignment is to improve the skills I previously gained during the software instrument assignment and apple loops assignment. I can also incorporate instrumental skills acquired during grade 6 and 7.

Why this project? 
I chose this project because I feel that I still need to improve upon my skills, and I also think that I would be better suited in excelling in a select field rather than learning a new skill, which would take a considerable amount of time. I also thoroughly enjoyed the apple loops and software instrument assignments, which also contributed to my decision to use these two individual skills in tandem to complete this assignment.

Outline/Process (Steps) to Achieve Goal. 
The steps below will be my outline of the project and assist me in managing my time efficiently.

1) First, I will complete the project proposal, which includes researching about the topic and watching the videos on the task overview, and should take around one lesson with a little for homework.
2) Then, I will take the main idea I have in my mind, and find suitable apple loops to fit my song. I can also find other songs that I might want to add in, so it becomes more like a mashup then a completely new song. This should take around 1-2 lessons.
3) After, I will record my software instrument/s, which will be part of the ukulele songs played in grade 6/7, but played on a piano. This should take around a lesson to perfect.
4) Next, I will sort out the connections/bridges between sections of the song, and also make the transition from software instrument to apple loops more smooth and sounds more like a single song. This should take 2-3 lessons to complete.
5) After that, I will check to make sure that I don’t include any errors (like having apple loops off time), then share my song with a peer and request feedback for me to improve upon the song. This should take around half a lesson for the peer review and corrections.
6) Finally, I will change and improve the songs according to the feedback I received in step 5 and show this version to mr o’toole for a final check. This would probably take up the latter half of the lesson.

What do you hope to learn? 
I hope to improve upon the skills learned in the first unit, and also increase my knowledge and understanding of Garageband functions, which I could alter to fit my purposes. I also hope that I will learn how to play other instruments on Garageband so that I can play a drum track of my own.

What are the criteria you will use to self assess the success of your product? 
I will mark my music off the criteria provided, and which will be used to mark me for my grades. This will help ensure that I can achieve the best grades possible while creating a successful product. The music would be mainly marked off on the criterions B and C. I will also include a set of my own criteria, such as having the length of the song be around two minutes (+/- 10 seconds), and including at least one software instrument (playing a song from the ukulele song folder).