Our last project from last year was one of the more significant projects of the ones we’ve done. It was a speech about a growing problem in HK. Its goal was to spread awareness and provoke the audience to take action.
I felt that I did terribly and would get a poor score. Instead, I got a great score that blew me away. I could’ve put more effort into my speech and used stronger words.
My Ignite Talk speech was about global warming and the dangerous effects of not leaving this untouched.
This year has been a fast one, filled to the brim with projects. I feel the first term is always the most stressful one because starting projects is always harder than finishing them. Especially if you don’t have time to get in tune with the home learning schedule. I feel I didn’t do well this year and I’m hoping to start fresh in the second term.
Over the past three months, we’ve been exploring the blues. Now that we learned enough, we created some blues pieces. There were many challenges we had to overcome while doing this project.
I feel that while we were playing music, we kept a steady beat and didn’t fall out of tune. While we were playing the singer wasn’t singing loud enough. The bass’s tempo wasn’t on beat either. I would add an improvisation line if I had the chance to do it again. Some ATL skills we used were: Self-Motivation and Managing Self.
The way we made the piece was by, first drafting and finalizing the lyrics, second, we planned the sequence the music would follow, and last we practiced the music for the upcoming performance we would have to do, the performance didn’t go so well though.
We had to overcome many challenges while making the music such as limited time and unknown notes dragging the group behind.
Overall the project was a great experience.
To succeed in life you need to have goals. That’s exactly what I did in class today; I set some goals for the future. When making my goal I was taking into consideration my writing skills. My vocabulary isn’t really on point, my grammar is not doing too good and my spelling is very sloppy. Thinking about this I decided to make my goals revolve around writing. My goal was to first read some appropriately levelled books trying to look for some interesting vocabulary. Next, I would record the found words and find the definition. Finally, I would create some sentences using those words to put the use and definition into my brain and hard-wire it.
Our unit in math so far is “patterns”, in math we learned about many patterns such as the hailstone pattern, the raindrop pattern, brail, morse code and many more. We learned how to find the rules in patterns and how to graph patterns, on Monday we are wrapping up this unit with an assessment then moving on to the next math unit.
Last week we did an experiment on Thursday and it was the egg suck experiment, the one where you put a hard-boiled egg on a bottle and a match inside of the bottle. When we did the test there was another bottle where we put boiled water inside. But it didn’t suck. Only the one with the match sucked the egg after we put in one that didn’t immediately extinguish. My hypothesis for the experiment was that the bottle with the match will suck up the egg and the one with the boiled water won’t suck the egg. In the end, my hypothesis was right and the bottle with the match sucked the egg and the one with the boiling water did not suck the egg.
These first few weeks of school went by fast. Well, time flies by when you’re having fun. The class name is a weird one (6c chick fil a) but it’s funny considering last year’s name was 6c chubby chicken so we went from the farm to the plate. I still go to the 5th-grade side corridor and i miss my old class. I’m worried about the pyp exhibition but this is the last year until we reach upper school.