Math Comparisons

On the Pre-Assessment I did really well because I only got 2 incorrect. On the other hand, my summative was okay. I got a few incorrect but that is normal for me.

There are many comparisons I can make and I have one right now. For instance, for the pre-assessment, in the problem where I had to write it greatest to least, I did it correct. But for the summative I didn’t do it right. An evidence is, I wrote from least to great instead of the opposite consecutive order.

Next, I also improved my recognition towards expanded form and like all those forms. For example, when we were suppose to write the number in expanded form in our pre-assessment, I accidentally wrote it in word form. But for the summative, I looked at the directions more carefully so I do it correct.

Finally, my order of operations improved. Even in both of them I did not get wrong, I still think I improved. To add on, I am saying I can see I do it a lot quicker in the summative but still show my work in an efficient way. I can get the numbers out of my head easily and smoothly because I had a lot of practice. For the pre-assessment, I did know how to do it but I just felt like I could improve just a bit and I did in the summative.

Looking at both of the tests I can point out the differences between them. I really did try to improve on the summative and I somewhat was able to. Even I only got beginning to meet I still see big improvements I made after the unit.

The order of operations section of my Summative
The whole page of my pre-assessment

Assembly Reflection

Prepared material for the class.

I really enjoyed the teaching part because it showed me that teaching isn’t easy and it gave me some experience. I also liked working with my classroom team because we got to learn from our mistakes since we did come across a few of them.

When I was working on the FLASH with someone else and we were kind of stuck for a while. We didn’t really know how to start and what to do. There wasn’t much communication. In the end, we understood how to do it and what to do.

  Meanwhile, for the class presentation, we were pretty good. We all helped each other if we came across challenges, we got everything done on time, and there was a lot of communication.

When it came to the part of the assembly, I definitely needed some confidence, and I am not the type of person who likes to be loud and open to everyone. Since this is a charity, of course I have to be caring. I had to make sure I made everything appropriate. Being an inquirer is also really important! This charity is new to me so I should have many questions in my head that I’d love to ask. But in all, we should always be inquires. There was definitely cause and effect throughout the process. For example, 6B teaching everyone about this charity makes everyone more involved, then it leads to bringing smiles to all the kids receiving the boxes. Doing an assembly requires social skills like listening, speaking, observing, and all that kind of stuff. We have to use a voice and share the action we want to achieve. We discussed and observed on how we would make our presentation on wrapping a box run smoothly and have enough time. I learned that everything you do is an experience and we should never deny them. Also, taking action supports other people’s opportunities.

Robotics

For Tuesday, we did a Robotics Challenge project. I did not succeed but it did help me learn how to improve.

The goal was to get the robot to follow the “highway” and go around obstacles. During the coding process, we had to find a way to combine the ultrasonic sensor code with the line follower code.

The thing that went well was that I understood how to do it and I wasn’t struggling with the coding part. The other good thing is that I didn’t get really frustrated because it didn’t work.

The challenges I faced is to get the robot the follow the track. Also, sometimes it would stop suddenly when it’s turning or going around an obstacle. But every time it didn’t work I would calmly accept it then go back to my seat and try a different strategy.

 

This code did not work                                    I haven’t tried this code but I am                                                                                                 positive it would work work                                                                                                 because I actually combined it                                                                                                                               properly.

 

 

 

 

 

 

My plan for next time is to try the code I did have time to try and see if it works. If it doesn’t work I would ask a friend that hasn’t got it yet and we can find out together.

The flow chart definitely helped me, it gave a better understanding of coding instructions and how to understand them. At first it was sort of confusing for me but after it got explained to me I feel like it creates a better impact on your work.

Last year I did not like robotics that much but this year for some reason I have a better thought towards robotics. I feel like its probably because I understand better and I won’t get frustrated. I thought it was really fun!

This project helps me learn how to be more reflective and accept my failures, think of what I can improve on instead of sulking. From now on I would try and try until I get it!

 

Part 2:

For my second trial, it was a half half. I did succeed for the line following, however, I was not able to get the robot to go around obstacles. I tried many combinations and all of them was able to get the robot go on the line properly. But it would either go over the marker or suddenly stop in front of it. But I think I can do it next time!