Performing Arts Blues Project Reflection

In performing arts we are working on creating a piece of blues music. The blues is a style of music that tells a story and expresses emotion. Three things we had to include in a blues piece in blues bass line, blues lyrics songs and improvisation (vocal, instrumental, physical). Click here to watch mine. Click here to see my planning.

The most challenging part of it was getting the melody/noodling and the bass line to match because if one of the notes did not match it will sound wrong to the audience. Also sometimes changes of notes can change the meaning or mood of the music.

I  enjoyed this project because I get to spend time with my friends, Also I learned a lot of new things. The thing that I most enjoyed is when we performed the music because at that moment I realized that all of the efforts we put in became the success that day we performed to the class.

The process was fun and challenging, first, we gathered up and chose the mood we wanted to express and it is stress.  Then we wrote the lyrics that match the mood. last we added in the improvisation (instrumental/noodling).

Last if I would have to do it again, I will create a clear beginning and end so my piece of music sounds complete.