Parlez – vous français – critères C et D à l’oral

Task: create a role play to include all of the information you have learned since the beginning of the year.

Last week, our class had a french conversation summative. We were assigned to create a script of a conversation and record it with a partner, my partner was Sophie.

Challenges:

• Time management
    • it was one of our biggest challenges because our other recordings didn’t work out when we recorded it in class, so we had to rush it on the last day in the bus, and since we recorded in the bus, it caused the background noise to be really loud.
  • Teamwork/cooperation
    • I think working with Sophie helped because we’re comfortable working with each other and we work well together; but at the same time, sometimes we would start laughing, so that distracted us a lot. There were definitely lots of disadvantages and advantages in working with her.

Results: 

Overall, I think we did pretty good because we got a 7/8 for criteria C, and another 7/8 for criteria D. I’m happy with our score because it’s not bad for our first french summative, and there is still room for improvement.

Goal for next assessment:

My goal for next time is to focus more and get the work done faster instead of rushing it last minute; and also talking more smoothly when recording, so it seems less of a script, and more like a real conversation.

Karis 🙂