Camp

Hi everybody! If you haven’t notice, I have not been posting for a while; that is because we went to camp! We’ve been at camp for 3 days 2 nights, October 11th – October 13th. The camp that we went to was called Asia Pacific Adventures ( APA ).

On October 11th, I was super excited to go to camp. As I arrived at school my excitement faded away as I carry my big bag up the stairs and into crowded classroom.

Soon we left the school and arrived at Tai Tam! Once we reach the camp, we got introduced to our facilitators. Everyone got Later on after lunch was kayaking. Since I never kayak before I was nervous but also eager to learn. I was even more shaky when I got into the kayak, when I started to paddle away I felt relieved that people were around me was experiencing the same thing and could help me if I needed it. Afterwards, I realized it wasn’t as hard as I thought it would be.

Next activity was raft building with pier jumping. Considering that we had so much fun last year building our raft, I thought this year was going to be as fun. Eventually,our group finished our raft, we split into groups and tested out the raft. I got really excited as I watched the first group paddle away and have so much fun. After our turn, we broke our raft and went pier jumping! At first I was super afraid of jumping into the water, soon I knew I had nothing to worry about because the facilitators were there to help.

On the first night 1-6 was sleeping in the dorms. In each dorm there is 4 bunk beds which equals to 8 beds, so in each dorm it can fit 8 people. I used to think that I was going to sleep more in the dorms than tents, but after the second night I realized I was wrong. Even though I thought I was by the sun in the tents, I sleep straight from lights out to the morning.

What I thought I could do better next time having a more positive attitudes. Since it was super hot and people were talking instead of listening, I got really bored and little bit mad; so I think I should keep positive and enjoy being at camp while I there. Also I think I could improve on concentrating and listening to facilitators instead of looking around, playing with grass, and day dreaming. I used to think that camp was only for fun, now I know we are learning so much stuff useful for our futures.

So that’s it for my camp blog post, I hope you enjoy it, Bye!!! 🙂