Ukulele Song – Your choice Lava

Warning Quiet

How is your recording the same as the original song? Why did you do this?

My version of the song “Lava” is not comparable to the original song. One of the only things that I kept same were the notes, which were c note, g7 note, f note. I kept these the same because changing that would have changed the song too much and would have changed the Hawaiian feel to it. Which is one of the main staples of the song and should not have changed.

How is your recording different compared to the original song? What were your reasons behind your decisions?

In my recording, there were a lot of changes from the original song “Lava” to make it seem more emotional. I did that by changing the strumming pattern from “down, down, up, down, up, down, up” to “down, down, down, down, down, down, down” because that made the song seem more depressing. The song was already a very sad song at the start but it had a small happy feeling to it but at end, it was overwhelmingly happy. By changing the strumming pattern the song lost some of its delightful feelings and causing the ending to become more emotional by making the song seem all hope was lost till the end. Another change was to make the tempo slower to make all the newly added emotions and old emotions cause a larger impact.

Ukulele Skills

Some of the ukulele skills I learned were how to strum consistently which helped in the recording practice but not in the recording itself because I do not have the skills to play the notes change well. Most of the problem is caused I change notes I will play the first couple beats incorrect. Next time I know I should have practised my strumming more to minimise the problem happening.
Garageband editing – digital instrument, drum use
Some of my most important skills this class were my ability to cut and paste and place everything in the correct beat on GarageBand. For example, after I got the introduction correct I just copied it and pasted it to use for the verse. This skill was very helpful because there are only three parts to the song. The verse, Chorus and finally the ending chorus. All of which except the last part were repeated.
Time management for your project
My time management skills were not very good this time because I had to rush at the end because I had not done any editing at the spring change which I should have done to make it easier to do.
Independent learning… (responsibility of getting things done on time)
In my independent learning, I learned how to strum good but not at changing the notes fast. The main reason for that is that I did not practice enough in my own learning time and should next time have learnt more efficiently by having better time management skills. Another thing I learned was how to copy and paste everything and then put it at the correct beat.