Marcel’s Ukulele song : Up On The House Top

My Ukulele piece

What is the key of your tune? Time Signature? 
The time signature of the song I choose is 4/4, the key of note is the “c” note

What sort of rhythms are used in your song? *
“Up on the Housetop” consists mostly on quarter notes and eighths and the occasional half note for example at the first 4 lines of the song have ten quarter notes and four eighth notes and finally two half notes.
Discuss your note accuracy and rhythm accuracy in regards to your strumming and melodic playing… *
I was not quite accurate in my notes, the notes were the d note and the f note. I could not really play them because my fingers could move fast enough or not skilled enough to change to them from the “c” or “d” note. So I tried to continue practising on the first day of recording. I was pain achingly practising but there was not sufficient time left in class to record the entire song, so I choose to play each note once and later cut and edit everything. At the following recording day, I had to record myself again because I labelled the notes wrong and also I was missing the f note.

What Ukulele skills have you acquired? *
In this year’s music class, I learned a lot more about how to hold and strum on the ukulele. Sadly I did not learn how to play the half note on the ukulele adequately, so I will try to learn how to do it by the next ukulele summative. Another obstacle for me was that I couldn’t play the ukulele fast because my fingers are not agile enough to go on the correct key on time. In the end, I still learned a lot more about how to play the ukulele than last year. Since this year we learned how puck the ukulele and not just strum.

How did you decide your tempo to match your song and style? *
I choose my tempo to be 67 beats per minute because the song “Up On The House Top” to me sounds like something that you could either play very fast or very slow, so I choose something slower to make the song have more impact because I think that it makes every word seem more defined. At the same time make the beat slower would allow me to have a simpler time recording the entire song. Which in the end proved useless because I just copied and pasted.
How did you use the editing tools in Garageband? Editing, cutting, flex-time, trimming… *
I used a lot of trimming, cutting and finally flex time, I used “trimming” to make the notes I recorded to be the best one I have, I did that by using flex time to make the note start just when it actually starts to minimise the chance of something being on the wrong beat time. I used a great deal of copy and pasting to perform the song on the correct beat because I only recorded each note 4 times, and then choosing the best one.
Discuss the recording process; did you have any concerns or issues? *
In my recording, I used copy and paste for the entire song except me singing. At the first day of recording, everything worked smoothly or so I thought. Later that week, while I was editing I noticed that I was missing the f note and me strumming, I also discovered that I confused two notes. That caused me to try recording in the next music class, the problem was that I was practising. Which caused me to not go into the line and so I could not record on that day except if I went outside, which I did. The problem of being outside was sometimes you could hear the wind in the recording, so I tried my best to get rid of that. I think I was able to get rid of most of the wind except some of the notes (G half note). Later that day I was recording myself sing but sometime I would not sing at the correct time. I did not know if I should have edited it or not because singing could change really easily if you move something a little more forward or back.