Crit B/D Project Genesis

Explain the step by step process of this assignment…
First of all, I had to find the tracks I was going to use for my mashup. And then I edited all the tracks to match tempo of the song. Then I cut parts from the song that I liked. And then I arranged the tracks in a way that sounded appealing. After that, I added the loops and the drum track.


Assess your success against your assessable criteria from your proposal…
The song was at least 1:30 (it was 3:42 minutes) minutes long, I had 2 loops in my song. The song had 8 tracks (Not including drum track) in total. There was a drum track. The only thing that I couldn’t fulfil was adding chords to the song using a software instrument. I tried doing that, but with it, it sounded really cluttered. I thought it sounded better without the chords.


Evaluate your learning and new skills acquired.
I learnt how to change tracks to match the tempo, and how to create good transitions between tracks.


What challenges did you face and overcome.
The biggest challenge I faced was figuring out how to transition well between two different tracks. It’s not as simple as just fading one away, then adding in a new track. You have to pay attention to similarities between both tracks, and decide at which point you want to transition.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *