Somewhere over the rainbow

Here is my recording:

How is your recording the same as the original song? Why did you do this? *
The song I chose was somewhere over the rainbow. My recording is the same as the original song because in the song, they already used a ukulele and our summative is about ukulele. I also used the same melody, chords and lyrics. I think that if I didn’t use the same melody, chords and lyrics then the song would have been completely different. I chose this song because since when I was little I already knew this song, but I did not know how to play it on the ukulele. Therefore I had to learn it but it was still easier to learn as I knew the tune and melody of the song.
How is your recording different compared to the original song? What were your reasons behind your decisions? *
My recording is different than the original song because I used different software instruments than they did in the song. Unlike in the original, I used steinway grand piano, acoustic guitar, glass bells, smart strings, clarinet and the drums. I also did not sing the whole song and I kind of just repeated the chorus two times. This is because I did not know how to play the next part and could not find a tutorial on how to play the next part. I think that the things I did differently help my recording more interesting with the different software instrument and a different lyric.
Ukulele Skills… *
I didn’t really learn any new ukulele skills as I started learning ukulele in grade 5 when the school started teaching us the ukulele. Although, I did learn how to improve my ukulele skills I have learnt. A ukulele skill I think I improved on was my playing. Before, I would always accidentally strum the wrong notes or accidentally press the wrong strings. Now I have improved this because in music class I watched tutorials on my song and I practiced it a lot during class when we are preparing for our song and sometimes I would come to the music room during lunch practice or start recording.
Garageband editing – digital instrument, drum use… *
Before this summative, I did not know how to use a software instrument. But during this we had to learn to be able function and know how to use the software instrument. I learnt this myself before Mr. O’Toole taught the class because I thought I would get a head start on practicing the software function and getting help if I needed it. On editing, I also started early because like I said earlier, I already knew the song so I only had to learn the ukulele part and start recording. I thought this would be more helpful because while everyone else is preparing for their recording, I was already in the recording room recording so I wouldn’t have to line up as much. I recorded my song with individual chords because I think that it will be more effective and so I can edit it at home and just play it at school.
Time management for your project… *
I did pretty well on time management because I tried to be prepared and work in my home time. Even though I don’t have a ukulele at home, I watched the tutorials at home and kind of get what the chords are then record it easily at school the next day. I also occasionally come during lunch recess to record and so I don’t need to stress about it. I also did keep track that if I quickly finished the ukulele part I can do everything at home. I think this plan was very effective because I completed this summative on time and everything I wanted it to help with and I am very happy the ending result.
Independent learning… (responsibility of getting things done on time) *
I think I did very well on taking responsibly in my learning. This is because like said above, I have planned everything out very well before I started this summative. I have watched tutorial videos, and music sheets helping me. Sometimes, I also come to the music room during lunch recess to record and be sure that I am ready and check it with Mr. O’Toole. This is a very important part of this summative because if I didn’t keep track of time and not planed my steps and when I wanted these tasks done, I would have failed this summative and would have nothing to hand in.
Create your own Google Form
ReplyForward