Ukulele Song Amazing Grace

Recently in Music, we had an assignment to do with our ukuleles. We were supposed to play anyone of the songs that our teacher provided us with. I played the song “Amazing Grace”. After learning the notes and being able to play it well, we recorded our playing and singing through GarageBand. Here is a reflection we had to do for this assignment and it also informs you about what my recording looks like:

Ai

Demonstrate awareness of the art form studied, including the use of appropriate language.

Aii

Demonstrate awareness of the relationship between the art form and its context.

In the following questions you must use CORRECT MUSIC TERMINOLOGY.

Make sure you know the specific terms of what you need to talk about.
What is the key of your tune? Time Signature? *
3/4
What sort of rhythms are used in your song? *
A step kind of a rhythm where it ascends and descend between a low and high pitch.
Discuss your note accuracy and rhythm accuracy in regards to your strumming and melodic playing… *
I feel like I have played the right notes at the right time and was able to hold most of them for a good length. Yes, there still might be some parts where while I’m strumming I cut the note short or the timing is wonky and I think that is something I can keep in mind during future assessments like such.
What Ukulele skills have you acquired? *
I practiced the skill of strumming individual strings and making sure to hold it and not to rush to the next note.
How did you decide your tempo to match your song and style? Did the context of the song change because of this? *
I experimented with few different tempo speeds to see which one I felt suited the pace I went at and which went good with the mood of the song in my opinion. I had to change it now and then because it seemed too fast in some parts.
How did you use the editing tools in GarageBand? Editing, cutting, flex-time, trimming, plugins… *
I didn’t use many such tools in GarageBand but I did have to move my recordings around a bit and sometimes had to duplicate them/crop the recording for it to fit in right with the rest of my recording.
Discuss your recording process; did you have any concerns or issues? *
I was definitely not sure if I was going to finish it on time because I tend to send things to the last minute and in this case I didn’t use my time very effectively in some parts. I was also very concerned about getting everything in time and perfect in there recording which probably took a little time away from me as well.