On Friday, we went to this place in Kowloon called Asbury. It is a medical centre to help people in sub divided homes.
1. What are the most important furniture for you? (Name three items)
To me, I think the most important furnitures are (Desk, Chair, Bed)
2. What are the most important electrical appliances for you? (Name
To me, I think the most important electrical appliances are ( Air-Con, Water Boiler, Clock)
3. Is it available to place all the above items in sub-divided unit?
Yes, but there may not be enough money to support every sub-divided home with every single piece of furniture
4. Imagine that if you live in the subdivided unit, how to make use of the space to place those kinds of items? What is your tradeoff?
I would just fence off a space for my bed, next to a wall. Then I may either put some furnitures next or in front of it. Then I will put a desk wherever there is space left. Then I will put the Water Boiler on the desk.
5. What are the differences between your home and the subdivided unit?
The sub-divided homes are just literally one big room that has all the essentials. It is like a helpers room, but a bit bigger and you have to fit everything in it. Thus, the helper doesn’t need to put everything in her room, but you do in your sub-divided home.
6. How do you feel about this visiting experience?
I feel a lot of empathy for the people living in sub-divided homes, because our homes are way bigger and have more resources in them. We take things for granted, as for the sub-divided home I went to, there wasn’t even a shower place.
7. What would you do to serve our community to be a better place?
We can go shopping for some essential needs, not wants. On the field trip, we bought 5 Oranges, 3 Broccoli’s, and 2 rolls of toilet paper