The field trip to HK History Museum

At the HK History Museum, We learned about the history of HK. Our class 4B focused on the WWII (Japanese occupation) and the Opium War that has shaped HK differently.

At the HK History Museum, I have learned that the name “Opium” came from the  Mycotic, a type of drug in the past. The war started because a place named Xin’an county (China) was taken taken over by the Britain. During the war, the Chinese got strict about the trade so, Britain got angrier. The war started at 1840 and finished at 1842. The British won against the Chinese. After the war, some land was given to the British.

About the WWII (Japanese occupation ), WWII started because Hitler attacked Poland. HK was involved because Japan attacked the British Colony of HK. During the Japanese occupation, Japan took over HK for 3 years and 8 months. It started in 1938 and finished at 1945. The WWII finished with the atomic bomb that landed on Japan Nagasaki and Hiroshima. At HK, when the war finished, the post war and the HK was rebuilt.

Hajime 🙂

One thought on “The field trip to HK History Museum

• November 18, 2016 at 8:23 am
    Permalink

Hajime I really like how you explained the opium war because I didn’t really understand it that much and yo explained well so I could understand it more. I really like your post.

Alec