CAS Week Reflection

1. How did you become more aware of your own strengths and areas for growth?
Throughout this CAS trip to Sabah, we did many activities. Within these activities, there were aspects that I was good at and parts where I wasn’t so good. Thinking back on the activities, I know what I could improve on and what I did well. For example, when we went on the jungle trek I knew that I wasn’t very good with cooking so I couldn’t help out. I believe that I could have at least tried. I also learnt how to be more comfortable speaking to larger groups of people.

2. How did you undertake challenges that developed new skills?
I undertook my fear of speaking to large groups when we were talking about things we could improve. This developed my Risk Taking and Communicator skills. On the second night night we had to give something that we did well and something that we could improve on. We were speaking to about sixty students and a couple of teachers which is a lot of people.

3. How did you discuss, evaluate and plan student initiated activities?
I was one of the group leaders when we went on the jungle trek so it was my job to lead the group. When we got to the came site and we had nothing to do, we decided to organise some games. We decided to give everybody turns at the games and see what other people wanted to do so everybody could have fun.

4. How did you persevere in action?
I showed perseverance in the jungle trek. It was really long and we barely took any breaks. We were all getting very tired but we kept pushing through even though there was no sign of any campsite. I believe that many people showed perseverance during the jungle trek, not only me.

5. How did you work collaboratively with others?
I worked collaboratively with others throughout the whole trip but the time where it was very important to work as a group was on the first day when we built a volleyball court and a shelter for local kindergarten kids. There were many jobs for us to do and there were only a few of us so we had to divide the jobs equally and helped each do the hard jobs.