D-T3 Overall evaluation of personal performance

In this design project my target audience were the people who gave me feedback in the final criterion. This project can contribute to my classmates environmentally and economically, economically because if they buy my product, it will not very expensive since I did not use a lot of materials. If I used more materials then it would most likely be more expensive. Also it can contribute environmentally because my product does not use many materials that can harm the environment. My package uses blue tac and some pieces of tape which is not extremely bad for the environment so it means that I have a some what small environmental footprint on my package. The limitation of my package was that I had not thought about making the height of the equilateral triangle on my triangular prism shorter than the height of the rectangles on the triangular prism because, that would make the triangular prism be the same height all the way along when bending over the rectangles. So when I made my net I made the mistake to make it the same height. This effects the design part of the package because it results into making the handle of the package looking not like a handle exactly because of the top of the triangle sticking up. Luckily what I did in the end was just bend the tip in so it would not be noticeable. The benefit of my final package was that it was a unique and creative irregular shape that I do not think anyone else in grade 8 did, “I think your package it very creative and unique because you combined 2 3D shapes together, there are also handles which I think is also really nice.”. When I look back on my disciplinary approach towards the final product, it did not help me much because I needed more information to create a smart product. For example when I worked with the aesthetics, my product looked good but it was not smart because it had a large environmental footprint. On the other hand, when I looked at the aesthetics and the environmental consequences in an interdisciplinary approach, it did help me because I could then create an aesthetically good looking package without using materials that could harm the environment too much. These helped me create my final product because it made me think about not using many materials that could possibly hurt the environment in some sort of way. I had to think about materials that could be reused or recycled after making the product which was quite difficult in my opinion. In the end I came up with blue tac because it can be reused as many times as possible. This also helped me create my final product because I had to come up with an idea that would look good and irregular in my target audiences eyes. The final shape I chose almost looked like a handbag which I thought looked attractive because it is not a shape you would see a package look like out of the street for example. If I had to do the project again, I think I would have tried to focus on making a package that would not have any empty space inside. Because my object does not have a specific shape, it was difficult at first to find an irregular shape that could make sure that the package would not move around inside of it.

IMG_7261 IMG_8787IMG_8788

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *


*