How is your recording the same as the original song? Why did you do this? *
The song I choose was I’m yours by Jason Mraz. I’m using a similar strum pattern to replicate the original song. I decided not to add any bass because the original song is a really light and simple tune. I also tried to sing the notes as they were presented and tried to tune them in within Garageband.
How is your recording different compared to the original song? What were your reasons behind your decisions? *
In the original song, they had a strum pattern of D_DU_UDU while I used the strum pattern DDDD. The original song was also a little bit faster then my version. The tempo I used was 75 bpm while the original song was close to a 90 bpm Next, they had a few rifts during the song that I could not sing because I never had any singing training so my singing skills are quite novice. My microphone quality was also a big factor since you can hear some static in the background .I also had a different drumming pattern from the original because I tried using a drum pad I had but it couldn’t connect so I used an automatic drummer as a replacement. Through out the original song, the background guitar were not playing chords While for my variation of this song, I used a ukulele the chords C, G, Am and F.
Garageband editing – digital instrument, drum use…
For editing my strum pattern, I used the provided chords to create the strum pattern DDDD. Then I shorten the chords to make sure it fits within the bars and the tempo I wanted. I used my keyboard and virtual guitar to make the first bit of the song. Then I needed to make sure my singing was in time, so I cut the clips of me singing to make sure they align. I also added a digital piano to play some of the original chords to match up the original song. Finally, I added a digital drummer for the beginning of the song to give it a good rhythm over the song.
Time management for your project…
During this project, I think I managed my time really well. I finished everything in the required time and I never felt hurried or rushed. I had enough time to get feedback from my family and friends and make changes according to what they say. I also had extra time to make sure my reflection was as clear as possible and closest to getting a 8 for all Crits for this assessment. In the end, I am really happy with my work and what I have done.
Independent learning… (responsibility of getting things done on time) *
I have demonstrated using my responsibility during this project by finding everything out that I might not have been able to get help to. I found out all the chords to the original song which wasn’t hard because I have prefect pitch. I also asked my friends and family to compare my song to the original and give me some feedback.
What sort of rhythms are used in your song? How were they used musically? *
There are a lot of Crotchets and Quavers and they were used and made were made to fit the syllables of the lyrics.
Discuss your note accuracy and rhythm accuracy in regards to inputting the strumming and melodic playing… *
I think my song was mostly accurate with the notes and rhythm because I made sure every note was alined with the beats and also made sure none of the singing was of beat.
How did you decide your tempo to match your song and style? Did the context of the song change because of this? *
I listened to a youtube video of this song and thought it was a bit too fast so I slowed it down to find the tempo I thought was right. It also says the piece should be lively so I made sure it wasn’t too slow.
What skills did you acquire with your use of Garageband? Trimming, Cutting, pasting, metronome, etc… How did you use these skills throughout the assignment? *
In this task, I learned some of the most key things to garage band. I learned all the parts, such as a play head, a track and much more. I also learned functions that GarageBand gives you, such as the metronome and the tempo setter. All of these helped me because without knowing the parts of the software, there is no way to navigate it.
Discuss any challenges you had to overcome for this assignment! *
One challenge that I came across was may GarageBand crashing all the time. The first time it happened I lost 20 min of work, which taught me to always save your work once in a while.
In this task, we were challenged to make a logo that represents us the most with Adobe illustrator. First, I started by doing the plan we were supposed to follow. It stated all the things we need to do and I carefully planned everything out. Next was to learn how to use illustrator. My teacher taught everyone how to use all the tools. After learning, it was the most important step, making the logo. I used a circle as an outline, then I coloured it in and created the tower and the shadow. Finally, I asked some of my classmates to review my logo and almost everyone told me to make the shadow more realistic, otherwise, it was ok. I think I did a good job and confidence in my grade. Here is a photo of my logo
Recently for POW( problem of the week ), I did a bit of research on China’s pollution. If you don’t know, China is the greatest polluter in the world and only 3% of water is drinkable in Beijing and 50% of water is not useable for anything, even a fountain for decoration. If you would want to find out more about this,click on the link for google slide on the bottom!