Ukulele – Happier

I’m sorry you have to listen to this.

Discuss the following creative decisions you made for your song choice…

How is your recording the same as the original song? Why did you do this? *
My recording is the same as the song because the lyrics are the same, the chords were the same (C, Am, F), transposer was the same and well I guess I used a string instrument as the artist did. I chose to keep the chords and transposer the same because it was already easy to follow along and it would be less confusing to follow along to. I had used a string instrument too because that’s the whole entire point of this unit.

How is your recording different compared to the original song? What were your reasons behind your decisions? *

My recording is different because I involved a piano and drums. My tempo was also probably different because I think I went slower than the original artist did and I did a different strumming. I chose to add piano into my song because it matched with the vibe of the song and it was easy to play, for drums it’s because we were told to. I went slower because I can’t play fast so my bpm is different and the strumming pattern was too complicated for me to follow so I decided to just do up-down up-down strums.

Discuss the following skills in relation to your Ukulele song choice… 

In grade 6 we had played the ukulele but I hadn’t really done a lot nor did we learn a lot. During this unit, I had improved my strumming skills and learnt new chords, such as Dm, G, Em and Am. My strumming patterns I didn’t really learn new ones but I did work to make it sound clearer.
Garageband editing – digital instrument, drum use… *
I learnt about software instruments and the drumming guy, such as what sounds you’d like him to make and in what way. Another thing I learnt is how to make it so so that certain parts of your song is quieter or louder.
Time management for your project… *
I had handed in my project on time so I think for time management I did okay. I probably could’ve used it more wisely instead of just keep on practising the ukulele.

Independent learning… (responsibility of getting things done on time) *

In class I never went to the recording room because I just didn’t like to record in school, looking back at it now I probably should’ve to save more time but in the end, I still got the job done. I learnt the chords myself but I did have trouble deciding what strumming pattern to use, I probably spent like a whole class just deciding what strum pattern to use. Overall for independent learning, I think there’s still a lot I could do better but oh well :p