Pokfulam Village!!!!

Pokfulam village.

A village that had been around for 400 years! Incredible!. It was also the first village in Hong Kong!

Now on October 24th, 2017 5E and my class went to Pokfulam village to see how their lifestyle was there. Me being the spoiled brat I am I assumed that most of the people there didn’t have any money so they had to move there. Turns out that not most of them are poor.It’s just that the village is special to them so they chose to stay. Anyways in Pokfulam village, we found some cool things such as cartoony sigs made by locals, graffiti art, some dragon costumes and other stuff. 

The culture in Pokfulam seemed so cool. It was awesome how they got to spray graffiti onto the walls. I wished I could do that. The only thing I got to do close to graffiti art was tie-dying on a wall.(I got in trouble afterwards). There was also this cool thing called a Silo. It was tall and round and you’d have to go through a sorta secret passage to get there.

I kinda felt like Indiana Jones. Going through dangerous areas to find a valuable art. Of course, we weren’t allowed in the Silo but it looked creepy inside. I am assuming that the Silo was abandoned. Apparently, it was used to store different crops. Also, believe it or not, but the streets inside the village are cleaner than Mid-Levels roads. Pokfulam was definitely a cool place. Sure there were some bugs and cobwebs or some other weird stuff like some hanging teddy bears.

I have no idea what that’s supposed to mean but it is a little creepy. My guess is that because the dolls are on top of the vegetables (you might not be able to see in the picture) they are supposed to be scarecrows. Pretty innovative I guess?. Anyways aside all of the weird stuff Pokfulam let me see the world in a bigger picture.( I know pretty cheesy).

That’s all from me for this post.

Bye!