Alien Number System

Alien Number SystemBonjour everybody! ( hello in French)

As you can see from the photo I am going to tell you today about our ( me and Samantha) poster and why we created it. First of all our teacher told us to pair up and create either a base 4  number system or a base 6 number system. I chose to work with Samantha  and we chose to work on the base 4 number system. We didn’t get it at first and thought about the place value of the base 4 number system instead of the base 4 number system and also did the wrong thing with the symbols. So when we were using the base 4 number system symbols to divide and multiply we got it wrong. On the last day Samantha asked our teacher why is it called a base 4 number system if there is no four. Then our teacher explained it to us the proper way, for the symbols it was ok but not for the multiply and divide. We already coloured it with marker. Well now I know that I should always double check with a teacher.

White Hat: I learned how to use a base four number system and how it works. Such as creating 4 symbols for 1,2,3 and 4 . Then putting the 1 and 4 symbol together to create a five symbol.

Black Hat: This is not a good example of my learning because working on this I was a little bit off task and did not double check with a teacher.