Ukulele #2

How is your recording the same as the original song? Why did you do this? *
My recording is the same as the original song because:
1. It has the same lyrics so that people can recognize the song
2. It has the same chords and relatively the same beat and melody, also so you can recognize the song. You should keep some of the recording relatively similar so that people can instantly recognize the song, but also change some of it so that it can be kinda original and different to the original song.

How is your recording different compared to the original song? What were your reasons behind your decisions? *
My recording is different from the song because the original is an EDM song, and a DJ called Alan Walker played it on a DJ, so we had to adjust it to be a ukulele song. I likewise attached a digital piano to make it sound better, and there also was drums that are different from digital music. There also wasn’t any ukulele in the original song. In the original song, the entire song was all digitally produced, and there was no additional instrument except a DJ and singing.

Discuss the following skills in relation to your Ukulele song choice…

Be specific to earn your grade!

Ukulele Skills… *
I learned how to play different chords, but other than that I also didn’t discover that much else with the ukulele. I learned a lot in the prior ukulele project, but not so much this time apart from the chords.

Garageband editing – digital instrument, drum use… *
I learned how to use a software instrument, more specifically the digital piano. That is useful as it can make your music stand out more, to be honest, and also assist you to get your separate music in beats, such as the ukulele and singing. You can play different chords with the software instrument, and you can play the chords on the piano that resemble your instrument. I also learned how to use drums, and this is really useful as it can keep your music in time because you have to try to match the beat of the drums with the music. The best part is that you can customize your drum beat, such as you can make the cymbals and the snare drums louder and more complex, but also the hi-hats quieter but simpler. I also learned how to use Flex-Time, and that really helps a lot with editing as you can move your chords throughout if they are not in time.

Time management for your project… *
I think I managed time pretty well in this project as I got everything done before the deadline, even if that involved me working on my software instrument a bit at lunchtime once. In my opinion, the most straightforward part was the drums, and the hardest being harmonizing the software instrument and the strum times together. The software instrument and the strumming individually was quite easy, but editing it so that the harmonize is not that easy on the other hand.

Independent learning… (responsibility of getting things done on time) *
I think I got most of it on time, but some things challenged me a bit, but most things were relatively easy and I could finish it pretty quick. I chose my song, then I started learning the chords to play, and then I recorded my strumming, then drums, as I can make my strums in time with the drums, then I added my singing and software instrument. Editing took me a while, as I said earlier because of my software instrument.

2 thoughts on “Ukulele #2

• October 28, 2019 at 4:57 pm
    Permalink

Not bad. Quite impressed! If more practice before the recording, I think will be much much better 🙂

• October 28, 2019 at 10:21 am
    Permalink

This is really good, as it is on beat and the song is clear, it just sounds like you cut it