Talk ukulele

How is your recording the same as the original song? Why did you do this? *

I chose this song because the beat was pretty cool and it wasn’t too hard to remember the lyrics of the song. It is similar to the original song because of the beat and it was pretty similar to the ukulele version I saw and listened to on youtube. The other reason of me choosing this song was that the beat and lyrics were very repetitive which made it a lot easier to make the song.

How is your recording different compared to the original song? What were your reasons behind your decisions? *

My recording is different because it doesn’t sound as “Hip Hop” or “electro” as the real song because I had to use the ukulele. I also had to add drums in which wasn’t part of the original song or the ukulele cover on youtube, but it was included in criteria and rubric. My strum pattern was also different from the original ukulele cover because mine was just down down down but his was different but Mr. OToole helped me. I cant really compare the strum patterns to the original song just because talk isn’t really a ukulele song and in the actual song it was just very “electro”.

Garageband editing – digital instrument, drum use… *

My Garageband editing has definitely improved from the last summative because I now know where all the drums and the instruments are. Since it took me a while last time to finish up editing I gave my self some extra time just to make sure it would be on time, but I didn’t need it probably because I remembered where everything was and I didn’t really need help for this stage.

Time management for your project… *

I think I spent my time really wisely for example, I would work on my song during every class for that 35 minutes-45 minutes and if I needed it I would also work at home like when I had to record my self singing because I knew I couldn’t do it at school because it was to loud in the class.

Independent learning… (responsibility of getting things done on time) *

I was very organised and always made sure I thought about the next step before I started it just so I knew what I had to complete, I also used my schedule on google calendar to help remind me what I had to complete this class which I found very productive because of it allowed me to complete things faster.