Design Criterion D

Hey Readers,

It’s been quite a while since I’ve posted. This is my reflection on my logo design project. Below is my logo:

My Design Crit C Logo

I created this logo for my Design Crit C assessment. I used colour and shape psychology to help develop my logo. I used these sources to create my logo:

The presentation above helped me decide which shapes to use. I learnt about how triangles meant precision and circles represented perfection. I utilized this knowledge to choose my base shapes and the many details I included in my logo.

The presentation above helped me decide what colours I would use in my logo. For example, blue meant conservatism and loyalty, green meant growth and envy, while gray meant balance and boredom. I employed my knowledge to choose my colours.

Upon completing my logo, I created an annotated diagram to display the many aspects of my logo. Below is my annotated diagram:

Since I still have the Crit D component to complete, I will have to receive some feedback. Below are my suggested prompts.

My questions:

1. What do you think about my logo?
  2. How can I improve my logo?
  3. What do you like/dislike about my logo?

Sincerely,

Horus

7 thoughts on “Design Criterion D

• November 8, 2019 at 2:19 pm
    Permalink

I really like your logo as I think it explains you
    – The pencil shows you’re academic
    – The skis and the mountain show that you are academic and everything has a purpose.
    You could improve on finishing the grey circle in the background.
    i dislike how the last few waves are not outlined or barely are.

• November 8, 2019 at 2:15 pm
    Permalink

1. I think that it is outstanding! I love how you made the ski’s orange to the base so it would stand out.
    2. Your annotations don’t tell me why you picked a rhombus as your base (not including the circle). I would appreciate if you could identify why you chose a rhombus to represent you instead of just adding a triangle for the mountain.
    3a (Roses). Ski’s colour, Mountain shape, Ski’s detail, Name, Blue indicating royalty.
    3b (Thorns). Pencil (is not made by illustrator), Circle in the background (You already have the rhombus)
    Overall, it’s a really good logo.

• November 8, 2019 at 2:10 pm
    Permalink

I think your logo is very interesting because it portrays your passions really well. I think what would improve it would be to get rid of the pencil, other than that, it’s amazing!

• November 8, 2019 at 2:05 pm
    Permalink

1) I think your logo represents you as a designer, because I can tell you have put a lot of time and effort into it.
    2) Maybe you could write your name out, instead of using a font. Just because I feel it could make your logo even better and more personal.
    3) I really like how you put a “brush” textured circle around your logo, because it really completes it and makes it look whole. This is something I would like to include in my own logo

• November 6, 2019 at 12:09 pm
    Permalink

1. I think that your logo represents you very well and I like your image design.
    2. You could probably make your meaning come out clearer. Also, make some contrast with your colors.
    3. I like the mountains and skis, maybe you could put the pencil in a place that makes more sense.

• November 5, 2019 at 5:12 pm
    Permalink

1. I think it’s a very special and personal logo.
    2. The shapes are a bit too plain and straight. You should use more interesting shapes to form your logo.
    3. I like how you use different colors and shapes to show your interests.

• November 5, 2019 at 3:02 pm
    Permalink

Every element used with meaning behind. Very thoughtful.
    Thanks for introducing me the meaning of colors. Looks great. Well done!