Music Summative (ocean eyes)

Here is my reflction for the crits on ocean eyes by Billie eillish,

How is your recording the same as the original song? Why did you do this? *
I think my recording is like the original song because when I was making it I tried to use the echoing that she did, in her original, her voice is echoed and flowed with the music and with the sounds of bass and piano, deep and heavy sounds that flow the music along to create the same patterns as she did. While making this, it made it more accessible to make it way more similar to the original. She also used a calming voice that got louder and louder towards the courus, it made the beat faster coming up to the coureses, and that for me was the most challenging replicating since the beat gets faster and harder to keep onto the beat before the next verse. I made this similar by trying to stay on the beat so it wouldn’t go out of time and mess up the rhythm of the song.

How is your recording different compared to the original song? What were your reasons behind your decisions? *
I think that my recording was different to the real song since with her song she used an echo vibe that was hard achieving even with the basses. She used lots of instruments to get the flowing sounds that she achieves and those were, flute, violin, obe and more, she used different instruments created different layers and variations to each part of the song. This helped her carry her music with her voice, with this I wasn’t sure how to achieve that on garage band so I made the decision to play the bass and piano up high to differencing to the chords and guitar to have longer and stronger echoing notes so the recording could sound more similar. It was difficult for me to achieve such echo and strong beats so that was where my recording fell different compared to the original song

Ukulele Skills (if you did this yourself)
I think when pasting down the notes and when getting the beats on time was hard since when doing that I had a lot of malfunctions and my skills pasting down the chords weren’t good especially the uke part since they had down strums and up strums where it didn’t sound cohesive together with the bass and I had to try different notes and strums to get it cohesive and make it sound together.

Garageband editing – digital instrument, drum use… *
At the start I found editing to take a lot of time and to turn out not as pleasant as I hopes, so along when making this song I learned tricks that would help me make a more effective way of editing work to its best potential. I think that editing was hard for me at the start because of not being able to find out what beats the notes had to land on what spot on Garageband, with help from uke tabs and the song I know where to put the notes down and what beats and rhythm were needed for the next bar.

Time management for your project… *
Time management was tricky since I had put my songs together during online school and did each part every 2 days, yet finished onetime and when school started was ready to hand in, although that happened I wasn’t on time and on the beat with my song, this made it hard for me to change everything before the 2 weeks due date and found my time management not doing well and me struggling to finish soon.

Independent learning… (responsibility of getting things done on time) *

As a responsible student, I tried to improve on self-growth with knowing how to use garage band as a tool in learning, I felt myself getting faster and more on time with work, this made it easier for me to learn more and more responsible and feeling more confident while using Garageband. independent work was easy for me even though I might have needed to ask a question to a teacher or a friend I still felt independently working made it faster and more effective.

Here are my audio file and screenshot on ocean eyes by Billie Eilish,